Wednesday, April 17, 2013

God Likes a Good Story

I love it when things come together and you know God has been speaking. 

Remember my last (way too long ago) blog?  It was about my friend teaching me about watercolors.  Well, last night I was coaching someone around the all too familiar themes of wrestling with time, family, finances, while trying to live in our "Sweet Spot." 

We had been talking for over an hour, but before I closed in prayer I told her the story of Kathy leading a watercolor class at a retreat this past weekend.  I explained how the challenge of watercolor is that you have to let go of control of your picture.  You have to trust the water and the paints to create the picture.  If you try and fix the picture you just mess it up.  See where the water takes you...let go...trust...

When I finished with my story she said, "You are not going to believe what my daughter talked to me about today."  Her daughter had turned in an art project too late,  She had tried to "fix" her watercolor and it had to be redone.  Her daughter was telling her all about what it was like to work with watercolors. 

My "coachee" said, "I don't know if I've ever had a conversation about watercolors before, and today I've had two."  I think perhaps God was telling his parable about trusting the living water once again...both for her and for me.

She then looked down at the doodling she had done during our session and realized that without consciously deciding to do it she had been doodling HOPE in many shapes and styles.  What was so powerful is that she knew God had chosen to speak to her at that particular time, and in that particular way.  She knew God loved her and could be trusted to paint a beautiful picture in her life.

Enjoy listening for the voice, looking for the signs and feeling the embrace of the One who created and loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment