Monday, August 25, 2014

God Calling

Many of you know that I volunteer for CWIT, Center for Women in Transition here in Holland, MI. We work with those suffering from domestic violence and sexual assult.  We are a support system, counseling center, emergency housing provider, etc.  I have been working on the crisis line for about 18 months and also cover the reception desk occasionally. This past summer I took a couple of months off because of my schedule.

As I got "out of the groove"  I began to think that perhaps it was time to do something else, and not sign up again for the fall.  However, I had already signed up for a few nights in August.  I wasn't really in the mood and thought I was on the right track thinking these would be my last shifts.  Then the calls came in...Three calls from 3 young women who were hurting, afraid and wanted desperately to get the help they needed to be safe, and to be good moms.

As I spoke with them I realized I was making a difference in their lives.  God had called me to be on the other end of the phone connections.

I'm signing up for September!!

Col. 1:9-14  For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.  For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

We have been rescued from the dominion of darkness...now God wants to use us as rescuers as well!  Where is God calling you to make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment