Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finding My Blog

A few days ago I ran into Jean, who is a member of Southridge Church, where we pastored from 1989 until 1997.  It had been 16 years since our paths had crossed.  We didn't have much time together, but she did comment that she had found my blog and was enjoying it.  This came as such a surprise to me.

It was such an encouragement to me.

I remember 30+ years ago reading the book, Balcony People, by Joyce Landorf.   In it she talked about the voices we listen to and the people who bless us.  Balcony people are those who are in our corner...they see the good in us and help to bring it out.  Balcony people are the ones who come alongside and cheer us on. In the New Testament Barnabas was known as,"The Son of Encouragement."  He came alongside Paul when the rest of the church jury was still out.  He parted ways with Paul when he believed in John Mark, and Paul wasn't ready to go there yet.  He was willing to take a chance when he saw God at work in the life of another, even if that other had messed up pretty seriously.

It is amazing how little it takes to brighten someone's day, encouraging someone's heart.  Jean did that for me Friday in a simple statement.  She was a daughter of encouragement for me.

I wonder who is the last person who blessed you with a word of encouragement.  I wonder who God has placed in your path, hoping you will fuel their journey.

I want to ask a blessing favor of you.  It would encourage me so much if you would click "Follow" when you read my post.  It would also bless both me and other readers if you would share your comments, stories or reflections occasionally.  I would love to be surprised and encouraged by finding out that you are following the blogs.  (Add where you are from to add to the fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment