Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dream Big, Pray Hard, Think Long

The words in that title come from Mark Batterson's book, The Circle Maker.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."  I wonder what we expect when we pray that Jesus-given prayer.

I wonder if God has been frustrated with my expectations when I pray that prayer.
I'm guessing, "Yes, he is."

But God is working on me.  He hasn't given up.  So I am in a huge new season of growth in my relationship with God and prayer.  That is both exciting and very scary!

Part of my growth is fueled by Mark's book, The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears.  Another piece of the puzzle is, everything I seem to learn from Mark I see lived out in TiCarme, our friend in Haiti.  She is my teacher!

In a sense God seems to be saying to me, "Dream big and pray hard or you end up watching from the sidelines. Dream big and pray hard or be satisfied to only do what you think you can do without my help.  Dream big and pray hard or play it safe, which doesn't bring me the glory I desire."

The other option is "Dream big and pray hard and be blown away by God's glory, power and provision.

The last part of the title for this blog says "Think long."  Because God's ways are not our ways, and God's timing is not our timing, and we can't claim to understand all that God is up to.  And sometimes it gets really, really hard to keep praying and believing. So when your prayer doesn't seem to be answered when you want, or how you want, remember... God knows!  God knows and sees the big picture.  And his promises never fail, because God's love never fails!

Numbers 6:24-26New International Version (NIV)

24 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

No comments:

Post a Comment